Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scott Campbell

747 Sounds

Hello all, I'd like to know what sounds do you use for your 747s?There are a few nice ones out there: Ryuji Ozawa's 747-sound (GE-CF6)PSS 747-sound (RB.211 and PW/GE)But none of them really sounds like a TRUE 747. I live about 8 to 10km(that's about 6 to 7 miles) away from EHAM. I visit the airport nowand then and the sound of 4 GE-CF6 / JT-9D engines really blows you away.It also shakes the windows when they fly over....I wan't to hear the distinctive whistle in GE-CF6 sounds and the incredible rumble in JT-9D sounds!Is anybody out there making some new sounds?Greetings,Mike

A bit off your request --I t's been a long time since I heard a 747, but now that I have a part time job at KBDL, I can tell you that the A320 soundpack by Dr. Achim B

Guest Scott Campbell

The 757 is a unique and fairly quiet engine.There is nothing like a 747 sound. Those 4 powerful engines (the JT9D-8's are my personal fav) have a low whine as they approach, with a loud, deep, guttural, low rumble as they pass. There is nothing else in the world like it. The interior sound is completely unique, too. You know you are in the most powerful aircraft in the world from the inside, and yet it seems so quiet and distant at the same time.