Sign in to follow this  

altimeter problem (pic)

Hello,I have a little problem : look at this pic :As you can see, I have erratic characters coming from the altimeter. Moreover, if I want to change settings on the Kollsman know, Fly! II hangs (and if I push the escape key on my keyboard, I return to the desktop...)My Fly! II installation is pretty old, so I think that this problem comes from there... But you know, it takes a lot of time to install Fly! II, and installed all my add-ons (aircrafts, sceneries, utilities etc....), so before doing a fresh "new" installation of the game, I would like to have your comments...Maybe the beta team has seen this problem before, and knows how to resolve it WITHOUT having to reinstall all the stuff ;-)Thanks !MarcVarlamoff

Guest Henri W

Marc,A while ago I had exactly the same problem with the Hawker. What I did to solve it was removing all third party aircraft from the Fly! IIaircraft directory by temporarily moving them to another directory called hanger. Much to my surprise the problem was gone. Next I started putting the other planes back one by one until I found the plane that caused the problems. Unfortunately I do not remember which one it was. Good luck and let us know if it works for you.Cheers,Henri

Henri,BIG BIG ThanksIt worked !!! I've identified the aircraft causing problems : it was the LongEZ (LongEZ.pod).So, for anyone having problem with the altimeter, delete longEZ.pod in the aircraft folder, it will resolve your problem !I'm so happy because it saves a lot of time for me !ThanksMarcVarlamoff

Guest Henri W

Hi Marc,Thanks for the reply. I am glad it worked.Best regards,Henri