Sign in to follow this  

gui for sid and stars

I only ask this because I do not understand the syntax.I have tried to but there just seem to be to many different ways to do this.I have just spent a couple of hours trying this.I can't even get them to show up in the FMS.So after losing enough hair I was wondering if there is a slight chance of getting some sort of simple front end to making sids and stars.Iam not giving up yet but it seems to take hours just to make one complete one assuming you did not make one mistake.I think a frontend would do alot of good.I could use FSbuild but what's the fun in that ;)Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Richard,I had the same problem, but stumbled across the link to Terry Yingling's SID/STAR editor on Danny's Fly!links page.Try this: [http://flightassist.tripod.com/page1.htm]It isn't perfect, but it's a step in the right direction. With it, I built ALL the SIDS and STARS for KPHX in an evening, and then found so many syntax errors I had to scrap the file. Since then, I build a little, test a little. I fly for America West Virtual, and have now (a couple evenings later) got the key procedures for KPHX and KSAN.Good luck!Kurt KalbfleischAmerica West VirtualP88

thanks for that . it's going to be a HUGE help :)One bug I have noticed though is that alot of vors and isecs that I KNOW are in the fly database are saying it's not a fix or vor in this frontend even though it is .Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2