Sign in to follow this  

Again problems with autothrust and 3 other problems

Guest amerton

I'll answer the first two.1) As stated in a former post, we do have a problem with the EPR calc model. At the last minute we were able to implement N1 thrust limitations (instead of EPR). EPR lims are not accurate, but the AT is limited according to realistic N1 numbers.2) This is an effect of the limitation. To avoid shooting past the thrust limit when the AT is engaged, we start at a given thrust and gently accelerate to be sure not to go over limit. It takes some time to get to the thrust lim, especially if you are requesting high thrusts, such as 316 kts at 33000.You may also be so near - or over - the N1 thrust lim (cannot see it unfortunately) that you'll never get there.anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Anthony-I see your point. But I also think that the autothrust should be flexible enough to supply enough thrust as fast as possible because in reality that is also the case. It would be great if you could find a way to improve the a/thr behaviour! That would make the 757 even more perfect!I'm not sure if I reached the N1 limit, but I don't think that the N1 limit is at 75%.thanks Malte