Sign in to follow this  

fs2k2 and my new surround sound system rocks!!

if you dont have one, go get one!talk about adding realisim, this will do it.i picked up a creative inspire 5.1 for $100 at wally world and it was well spent.now i need to upgrade my gf2 mx400 to a ti card, or maybe ill wait for the 256mb cards coming out this summer!Tracy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

How does this new sound card differ from the run of the mill sound cards. It does surround sound but does FS2002 actually take advantage of it or is the sounds used for fs2002 only stereo. I have never heard this discussed on any forums.ThanksBobG

>How does this new sound card differ from the run of the mill >sound cards. It does surround sound but does FS2002 actually >take advantage of it or is the sounds used for fs2002 only >stereo. I have never heard this discussed on any forums. Two things. Firstly, the afforementioned product is actually a speaker/subwoofer setup, not a sound card. Secondly, there are *MUCH* better PC sound systems that can be had for similar money. I would recommend the Altec Lansing 251's (http://www.altecmm.com/product_details.asp?pID=251&sID=1) over any other set of speakers at that price point. Of course, they're no Klipsch Promedia 5.1's but for $99 they're pretty darn good. Max Cowgill

Ok. Yes I do have a sub-woofer system also and could never go back. I thought maybe fs2002 would take advantage of the surround. TksBobG

I have the Klipsch Pro Media 5.1 system with a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card. All I can say is Wow. I had Altecs before I bought the Klipsch setup and they were good but nothing compared to what it sounds like now. Though they are pricey @ $399.99 they have to be the best 5.1 system for the pc out there right now. If you listen to music or whatch dvd's these will blow you away along with playing games.Jeff