Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

Want a Challenge? Fly the visual approach runway 07 at

Did a flight this morning from PANC to PADQ (Kodiak) in a 767-300. Using real weather, when I arrived near PADQ (Kodiak), ATC vectored me for a visual approach to runway 07. At the time, wind was 080 at 11 knots, and had solid overcast at 3000ft and above. An impossible approach in a Jet. It took 6 tries to land this baby on runway 07. I had two nose gear collapses, two runway overshoots into the water. A mountain right on the end of runway 07, how in real life can you land on this runway?What a challenge.... Give it a try...Have fun

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can't land on rwy 07 in a 767 in real life. The only rwy you can use at Kodiak for large jet ldgs would be 25.For take-off, you are also restricted severely by the rising terrain around PADQ, such that you can't take-off on rwy 25, you'd have to use 07.(Of course, in real life, doubt any 767's land there.)

I believe you're right their IanQ. Don't think many jets can use runway 07, however, ATC seems to think so...lol. They vectored me for a visual approach, and what the hay, I was game....lolCheers :-beerchug

I think Alaskan Airlines sends 737's into there. It's probably a special qualification for them.Lobaeux