Sign in to follow this  
Guest malgeorge

FMC: loading saved plans

How do you load saved flight plans?The flights are in the PMDG folder in the main FS9 directory.I followed the FMC Tutorial and saved a couple of short flights. I keep flying the same flights so as to make myself more familiar with the FMC.ThanksMalcolm George

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hehe, just came to the board to find out about that myself!Found this using search(this really should be in the docs or faq, plus whether it is possible to use the keyboard to enter FMC data (found it, click black vertical bar on right side of FMC)):This has been covered before You can't import flight plans into the FMC. You can however load flight plans in the PMDG format. Be sure to have your flight plan in the PMDGFLIGHTPLANS folder. On the RTE page enter the name of your flight plan (without the dot and extension) in the scratch pad and line select CO RTE (company route) the flight plan is now loaded. To build flight plans in the PMDG format you can either manually create a flight plan using the FMC and save it! Or you can use the freeware (ver 1.4.3), or payware (2.x.y) version of the flight planner FBuild. That software has the capability to export flight plans to PMDG format amongst others.Hope it helps,Mats Johansson

It took me a while to figure out how to load saved plans. I actually got the idea from a webpage dealing with the real deal. First go to the 1st route page in the FMC. Type the name of the saved flightplan using the keypad, then hit LSK2L (I believe) to enter it into the CO ROUTE field. Hope that helps.Carl Moore

"You can't import flight plans into the FMC. You can however load flight plans in the PMDG format. Be sure to have your flight plan in the PMDGFLIGHTPLANS folder. On the RTE page enter the name of your flight plan (without the dot and extension) in the scratch pad and line select CO RTE (company route) the flight plan is now loaded."Hi, Mats.I notice that the PMDG 737NG aaves the route in a fixed name format e.g. "KJFKKLAX001". It's good to know, however, that you can manually rename the file in Windows and still use it. e.g. JFKLAX001 This is the standard format of our airline's Company Routes (sometimes easier to remember and involves slightly less typing :-)).Cheers.Ian.

Ah... Thanks Anthony.Cheers.Ian.P.S. It's probably mentioned in one of your fine manuals... but I'm suffering from 737NG manual overload that the moment :-)