Sign in to follow this  
Guest DeMuth-Olsen

Multi-Monitor Support

Guest DeMuth-Olsen

Dear Support, I use multiple monitors to show all the required cockpit panels at one time. My goal is to have a 20.1" LCD monitor positioned above my head as the overhead panel, a 17" LCD monitor for the mid-console/radio panel and a 15" monitor for the FMC. I ran a test using the installed PMDG 737NG (with the SU1 Update) and determined that I can undock the overhead panel, FMC, Radio Panel and Throttle Quadrant. I moved the FMC, Radio Panel and Throttle Quadrant over to another monitor, resized the windows then saved the flight as a DEFAULT FLIGHT. Typically, when you save your flight and the panels are positioned on another monitor, these undocked windows/panels would stay in their respective position, even after restarting flightsim and selecting the saved flight. I got half the results I was looking for. What happened was when I restarted my flightsim, my second monitor which is used to show the FMC, Radio Panel and Throttle Quadrant were not present. I had to click the "F", "R" and "T" buttons from the main cockpit panel to show these panels; the radio and throttle quadrant popped up perfect in it's correct position but the FMC DID NOT, it stayed on the primary monitor where the main cockpit panel is--it should have stayed in it's saved position. Additionally, I undocked and dragged the OVERHEAD PANEL to another monitor and it worked, but the main cockpit (MFD) panel did not show on the primary monitor. My question to PMDG is: Could you please make a fix for multi-monitor support, including the option to view the overhead panel on another monitor while the primary monitor shows the primary cockpit panel (MFD)? I look forward to your response,

Guest Bud

I'm in a similar position to you. It has been a very frustrating couple of weeks trying to get my multi monitor set up to work properly with this plane and, I have to say, the default planes in FS9.I think the main problem here is MS. They seem to have changed the process for displaying additional views. There are ways around this but none are 100% constant and they sure do nothing for reality.The simplest method is to undock your overhead and move it to your secondary monitor. Then from the overhead, press the 'M' icon. This should bring back your main panel in your main monitor and remove the overhead. Next press Shift 7 and your overhead should appear where you initially placed it. Hope this works for you. I think you may wish to join with many others in requesting MS to come up with a patch to improve thinbgs.Bud

Guest DeMuth-Olsen

Hi Bud, I'll try your method to see how it works, the only difference between your flightsim and mine (respectively) is that I am using FS2002 and you are using FS2004 (FS9). This leads me to beleive that the problem is a PMDG issue and maybe an FS9 issue as well? Either way, I'm sure you and I, along with others look forward to PMDG's response on the matter. After all, we are customers who paid for the product. :0)