Sign in to follow this  
Guest Murf

SID / STAR Programming

Guest Murf

I am having some problems with the SID / STAR programming.Take the following STAR for example:The LISCOM6 Arrival for Halifax (CYHZ) Runway 15.http://bathursted.ccnb.nb.ca/vatcan/fir/mo...HZ_LISCOMB6.gifThe procedure for rwy 15 calls for a heading of 325 after passing IGVOP at 4200. If I understand correctly you are not permitted to close the STAR and turn to TETAR unless/until you are cleared for the approach. So my line for rwy 15 in the procedure file CYHZ.txt is as follows:STAR LISCM6.RW15 NAVAID IGTAS NAVAID LEROS NAVAID TIDON NAVAID IGVOP 4200 HDG 325 NAVAID TETAR 3200 RNW 15However, this produces an error in that line number. To correct the error I had to remove the HDG 325. There are now no errors, but, the procedure now turns immediately to TETAR after IGVOP. Now, I know that I can intervene and go into HDG Select mode on the MCP, however, I was wondering if there is way to program this procedure.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,

Guest mmcevilley

>I am having some problems with the SID / STAR programming.>STAR LISCM6.RW15 NAVAID IGTAS NAVAID LEROS NAVAID TIDON>NAVAID IGVOP 4200 HDG 325 NAVAID TETAR 3200 RNW 15Mike:Try "... HDG 325 VECTORS NAVAID TETAR 3200 RNW 15"The idea behind this is the FMC will not sequence past the HDG 325 VECTORS until you take action. In this way, should you receive clearance prior to DTW, you delete the VECTORS entry on the FMC LEGS page (when the clearance is issued). Otherwise, you would fly 325 until cleared, at which time you would then move TETAR to be the current leg. Makes sense ...? Give it a try and let me know how it works out.-michael

Guest Ray CYYZ

Took too long to type reply hahaha, see above...Ray

Guest mmcevilley

>Took too long to type reply hahaha, see above...>>RayRay,What do they say about great minds ...! ;-)-michael

Guest Murf

Michael/Ray,Thanks for the replies! I shall give those changes a try tonight and let you know how I make out.Thanks for your help!

Guest amerton

Mike,It works well... I have a VECTORS entry in the example LSZH file that is installed with the aircraft :STAR WIL3Z NAVAID FRI NAVAID SLP16 NAVAID WIL 7000 NAVAID ZH658 NAVAID EKRIT 6000 HDG 067 VECTORS RNW 14 RNW 16The idea is when on vectors, and are cleared for approach, arm APP.If you want, once on LOC, you can upload RWxx (or the wpt following VECTORS) on first line in the CDU LEGS page, so you'll get accurate hdg and distance data on that page and the END OF ROUTE message when appropriate.anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Murf

Thanks everyone! The STARs work fine now.I've attached the CYHZ.txt in case anyone else would like it.Thanks again!

Guest Ray CYYZ

Great Mike!You got a good source for Canadian sid/star charts? I fly in the UK simply because the charts are free :-lolPerhaps I will finally break down and buy Sim Charts from Jeppesen.Ray

Guest Murf

Hi Ray,I get most of the charts from the FIR web pages available from the VATCAN web site. The Moncton and Gander FIR's have good charts so I hope to knock off the rest of the SID/STARs in the Atlantic region this weekend. I'll make them available in the forum when I'm done.