Sign in to follow this  
Guest maltedietsch2

things that don't work for me

Hi,first of all let me say that the 737 NG is a great aircraft.Nevertheless there are some things that I consider a bit strange.My System:Celeron 1100256 MB RAMGeforce4Windows 98SE--- Navdata not yet installed (website down) ---*******************Mag Var Init*******************On launch of FS2002, a Window called "Mag Var Init" pops up and says: "Cannot find MS Flight Simualtor registry tree.Are you sure it was installed properly?"I can click "ok" and continue. The same window pops up twice when i want to load a PMDG 737 NG aircraft.BEFORE the 737 NG installation, I did not have this problem (if it's a problem at all).************************Cannot use Load Manager************************When I try to launch the FS2002 Load Manager, I get the message: "Could not detect a valid Microsoft Flight Simulator installation and the program exits.*********************************************Cannot move A/T arm switch, cannot use TO/GA*********************************************When I click on the A/T arm switch on the ground, sometimes the switch does not move and the A/THR is not armed(not indicated on PFD). So during some flights, I could not use the Autothrust System.The funny thing is: sometimes I CAN arm the A/THR but the switch does not move!When I click on the TO/GA-"screw", nothing happens, execpt that TO/GA mode is announced on the PFD.*****************************CMD Light does not extinguish*****************************I can disengage the A/P by clicking on the CMD button on the right. A/P disengages, but the light is still on!****************************Cannot move certain switches****************************Sometimes, I just cannot move certain switches (i.e. APU bleed switch). When I try again 5 seconds later, I can move them.*************************************************MCP lights don't illuminate or stay illuminated*************************************************If I set certain modes on the MCP, the buttons that I push do NOT illuminate although the corresonding mode is active!Example: I push HDG SEL and on the PFD I see "HDG SEL". Aircraft aquires and maintains selected heading. But the HDG SELbutton is not illuminated!Same with Speed Button!Also, when in LVL CHG mode (V/S before), the V/S light does not extinguish although LVL CHG is active and not V/S.See the picture:http://stud.fh-wedel.de/~wi3557/pmdg737ng_1.jpgThere seem to be a lot of the "light-problems". Sometimes, I switch to the outside view and back and then allthe illumination is correct. Maybe it's a redraw-problem?Ok that's all for now. I can fly the aircraft and it's real fun to fly with it, but it would be even better if the above mentioned issues could be resolved.With kind regardsMalte Dietsch

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Malte,You might be looking at a conversion issue from english to german.Seeing your english is obviously quite good, can you try kicking your system country settings to English-US and see if they go away as a test?Ray

Hi Ray,I set my country setting to English(US), but unfortunately none of the problems disappeared!Thanks anyway Malte