Sign in to follow this  

Flaps question & electrics problem

Hey there,I seem to have two small problems with the NG.First, the flaps seem to be rather small on the external model. For example, flaps 40 in the real thing would put the flaps down to an angle of about 40 degrees. The flaps on the PMDG airplane on the other hand only seem to go down 20 degrees or less. Also I cannot find the high-speed ailerons, which I am not sure the -700 has.Second, and this is a FS problem in general, all my electrical equipment shuts down after about 5-10 minutes with the engines turned off. At that point, even the APU isn't capable of giving me any power supply. Bummer.Any help?PH-MWB

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Your problem is actually the "Battery" bug in Microsoft Flight Sim.The FS9 version of FSUIPC does not have the ability to create the magic battery that fixes this without the full version.PMDG has asked Microsoft for a real fix, it was mentioned in a couple of notes back.(a) You can buy the full version of FSUIPC (FS9)(:( Pause (P key) while you are doing your pre-flight stuff so as to not run down the battery© Start up an engine and burn some of that free fuelAs far as the flap sizes in perspective to the plane, I have never been close enough to a 737 to tell.Ray