Sign in to follow this  

Framerates in FS 2004

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I have the nvidia fx9000 256mb card (expensive) and I get 30fps no probs.antathlon 2.61.5 gb ram 400mhz ddrnvdia fx9000 256mbnforce processor

That sounds pretty slow, you aren't doing anything silly like anti-aliasing are you?I am trying to remember back to when T&L support kicked in with the geForce line of cards. Not sure yours support T&L which will hurt.Take a look at http://www.tomshardware.com as they just did a video buyers guide up with price vs value and it seems that the screamers are really not worth the money right now. It's an interesting read. i really like the comments about the *flaming* ATI cards. Wonder if there is a warning on the box to take out extra fire insurance on your house when you buy one? ;)Ray

Hi Fellow Simmers,Thanks for your replies. It seems as if I will have to put my GeForce2 card on early retirement. I tried the two solutions displayed on another thread (the setting in the FS9.cfg and renaming of the default.xml) and I really noted a slight improvement, but the average frame rate is still at around 10, at least on the ground and less in spot view. I checked if Anti-Aliasing was activated, but it was not. Just to give it a try I activated it and, funny enough, there was not even a panel anymore!!?? Only half a screen showing Mother Nature. It