Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Old Timetables

Hey gang,This is a long shot...but...does anyone know if there's a repository for old timetables? I'm talking old as in the 1940s-70s. I'm in the mood to fly some old props, but I have this big issue for some reason about just getting in and taking off -- I need somewhere to go and to know when to go and when to get there!I've looked at a couple of VA's (Braniff, Pan Am) that have "classic" schedules, some based on the real things, but I was curious if anyone knew of any other places to find old timetables. I'm mainly interested in the US airlines.(Heather? Any help? :-smile12 )Thanks in advance!Matt

Matt,You can usually find such things for sale on eBay. Don't know what you would pay - I was looking for airline playing cards and noticed a great many schedules available. If you are willing to part with a few bucks, give it a shot - you will probably find what you are looking for...Regards,Doug Dawson

Guest Heather 636

Hi Matt!Sorry for not getting back to you on this right away (past few days have been a bit hectic).I really have no idea as far as sources. That Ebay suggestion was a VERY good one as I and my brother both have been able to find rare and hard to find itmes there; his last being a ship recognition manual from WWII (he's into WWII sub sims).Have you ever taken a look at the routes/schedules over at DC-Airways? They have quite a selection. I guarantee that you would NOT get through all of them in a matter of a few weeks. I'm in the middle of a charter now that's hauling a bunch of history-buffs (virtual mind you) over the mail-route used between 1917 and 1928; VHF only, no radios, etc. Let me tell you, trying to spot visual checkpoints like a grass strip in places like Ohio that's already a cornucopia of horizontal and vertical green lines is a real bit . . . um, booger!! I'll e glad to get back to some of the regular routes (and my NDB, thank you very much) just for a breather!!As far as your schedules, you might wish to contact Charles Wood, the President of DCA. They've been around awhile and, looking at the era of this VA, may be able to put you onto something.dc3airways@yahoo.comGood luck Matt!Heather