Sign in to follow this  
Guest klucznik

A Question on Fuel Settings

Guest klucznik

Hello Folks, I wonder why I cannot put 100% fuel in either left or right fuel tanks? Silly question, it seems, but I am sincere here. After running the APU for a half hour or so I decided to replenish the fuel in the tanks, that is, top off the left tank to 100%. To my amazement I found that if I entered 100% a pop-up window would state "Enter a number between 0-8629. Thus I entered 8629, in the weight column, and AGAIN the pop-up window with the same message. I therefore entered 99.9% for capacity, equivalent to 8620 lbs, and this was readily accepted. You will get the same response if you play with the right tank also. My question: Why is 8629 lbs ILLEGAL when the error pop-up states "Enter a number betwee 0-8629"? I have seen a similar question on the MS Forum but there were no replies to it. Is this a PMDG problem or a Microsoft problem or does anyone know?Thanks

Guest Fortress

This happens to me too. I sometimes get the pop up saying "enter a number between 0-8629" when all I wanted to do was change centre fuel quantity. Bit annoying really and I'd love to know the answer too!Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Guest Ray_CYYZ

Change the little toggle box between weight and volume and you'll escape this little trap. It is is FS roundoff bug.Ray

Guest klucznik

Hi Ray, Toggle, huh? HmmmmmmmmmThanks

Guest klucznik

Hi Ray, Like a lollipop, that sucks. (Terrible language.) How in the world did you come up with this?Cheers

Guest Fortress

Thanks Ray :-waveCheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Guest Ray CYYZ

You'll notice they are using 6.7 Pounds to the gallon, not a nice number ... since there is no room for the .x in the display, they round it off. Rounding in computers is an evil thing. It's gotta go somewhere ;)Ray

Guest klucznik

OK Ray, Thanks for your input. I'll have to see how Billy handles his default aircraft with this, what should be, a simple problem in addition.Regards

Guest klucznik

Yup, same on his default 737-400. We go gallons and not lbs I guess.Blais

Guest B1900 Mech

Pause the sim, Make the fuel changes, Then Un pause.