Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Balls!!! - FIXED

OK! I fixed the Dirt Balls!!!Thanks to the suggestion from Lizardo, I went on a Dirt Ballhunt in the Effects Folder.First try, I opened the "fx_tchdrt.fx" file in notepad. Started skimming down the file and found the following entry:(Properties)Cockpit=1VirtualCockpit=1Spot=1Tower=1Map=1I changed "Spot=1" to "Spot=0" and restartedthe sim. Bingo, no Dirt Balls.I went back and reset the '0' to '1', reloaded the sim andthe Dirt Balls did not return!Only problem is, I do not know what caused this to happenin the first place!!Hope this will be helpfull to someone else in the future :-)regards,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hmm, that's odd, my fx_tchdrt.fx file doesn't have that Properties section at all.. maybe it's not supposed to have it?Clyde

>Hmm, that's odd, my fx_tchdrt.fx file doesn't have that >Properties section at all.. maybe it's not supposed to have >it? >>Clyde Clyde,I checked to original file from the CD. It is in there. It's the second section. In my post above, I used '(' and ')' instead of the square brackets as they are for special use in the forum posts.At any rate, the section is in the original file from the CD, so???It is also in the "fx_tchdwn_s.fx" file.Just checked something. It appears these .fx files are modified whenever you change your Graphics settings! i.e. when you turn the effect on/off in the options menu, it must modify these files.Regards,