Sign in to follow this  

Which Drivers For.....

Can anyone tell me which video drivers for FS2002 would you recommend for my PC.Processor - Intel P4 - 2.0 GigOperating System - MS Win XP HomeMotherboard - Intel 850 MV RAM - Rambus 512 Mb - 800 MhzVideo Card - Abit GeForce 3 - Ti 200 - 64 MbDriver - 28.32Thanks---Jerry---

Guest Niels_C

Hello Jerry,You may wish to check out "nvmax" too, or some other GFX card tweakutility. Also peek around on flightsim vet's pages for tuneup hints.-Niels C.

Guest firehawk44

The Detonator 29.42 drivers on the Nvidia web site (http://www.nvidia.com/) are the current official drivers and they work great for me. Plus they have been certified by MS. I have exactly the same system setup as you except my processor is 2.2 gig and I have 1024 or RDRAM installed.

Niels,Thanks for the reply and information, will do.---Jerry---

Firehawk,Thanks for the reply.Had been reading where the last drivers for GeForce 3 cards were 23.12 and thought I would give them a try. But now will try 29.42.Have never changed drivers in Windows XP, is their any procedure for this anywhere?--Jerry---

Guest PaulL01

Jerry,The new 29.42 drivers are not the exact best performing drivers but they are also not much slower than the best and offer much improved compatability for settings and features in most games and applications.If you want to tweak these drivers you will need either the latest build of RivaTuner(highly recommended) or HardPage( very easy to use but does not have near the depth of RvTuner) GTU will not be updated for some time and development seems to have stoped for NVmax.These are both available at:http://www.guru3d.com/

Sorry for the late reply, have been away from PC for a few days.Thanks to all for the information.---Jerry---