Sign in to follow this  

ONCOMING DANGEROUS AI TRAFFIC!

I have recently downloaded the excellent AFCAD utility by Lee Swordy and Airport files from AVSIM. The programme is excellent, but I have noticed on several airports that Aircarft are landing in both directions, (and sometimes at the same time!), is there any way around this.Many thanks,ChrisEGBB

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I have recently downloaded the excellent AFCAD utility by >Lee Swordy and Airport files from AVSIM. The programme is >excellent, but I have noticed on several airports that >Aircarft are landing in both directions, (and sometimes at >the same time!), is there any way around this. >>Many thanks, >Chris >EGBB Are they landing on the same runway in both directions?If so, one way is to close one end of the runway for landing. Just double click on the problem runway, in the pop up window you will see the areas to click to close the runway.Hope that helps....http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fstimeslink.gif

If the wind changes direction and an AI flight has been generated and is incoming it will continue and land whilst others generated after the wind change respect the new runway and land the correct way.Wind changes could be manually entered or by a third party programme such as FSMETEO.Other than that it is not something I have experienced.having siad the above, I wonder how the AI treat wind that is 100% crosswind i.e at 90 degs to the runway.