Sign in to follow this  

172 airfile

Recent email sums it up for the couple of you out there waiting for my 172 airfile:Hi Roger.I know you are probably buried, but could you email me a copy of the latest air file you are using for the 172? Thanks.Reply:Truth is, I'm not using any air file at the moment. I've just been too busy to even sim. I just tried to send you Ron Friemuth's 172P files and discovered that I can't restore the email archive they were in. There was a thread on Avsim about a week ago of people sending them to each other (he took them out of the library) you might look that up and contact one of those people. If I get these messages to show up or find a copy somewhere else, I'll send them to you.Ron's files fly very well and are fine for simming. What I try to do is tweak the performance so close to the real plane so it is usable for real flying practice. The differences aren't too important unless you are also flying the real plane.I sat down the last rainy Sunday determined to get this done but kept getting interrupted. I may never get to it at this point. FS2002 makes the whole process very painful. Waiting for the long start ups make multi testing cycles agonizing and the interactions between the cfg and air files MS introduced triple the length of time to do anything. It just isn't fun anymore.I really need a good accurate 172 myself but I'm beginning to hope someone else comes up with one. I've also forgotten how I did a lot of what I know two years ago and the state of the art has pretty much passed me by. I was very impressed by the response to the request for Ron's files in the recent thread. They are really good and it's too bad he took them out of the library. I'd like to take them to the next level and get back into simming but there's a plane out at the airport that needs a landing light put in today and.....

If whoever needs the Freimuth 172 file still needs it & leaves an E-mail address, I'll check back this evening. L.Adamson

Hi Larry.I'd like a copy please. Email - jbrown113@cox.netThanks,Jim Brown

Guest Iain Spowart

Roger,I've sent you a copy of Ron's file since you can't get your copy to work :-)Iain Spowart,Scotland.

Guest dek

Me too if you have time. Thanks, dekkuhn.41@osu.edu

Guest Iain Spowart

Check your mail :-)Iain Spowart,Scotland.

Hi LarryI'd like a copy to please. Somehow I missed out on this one.Many thanksDavidemail: steven.lyn@verizon.net

Guest Iain Spowart

Consider it done :-)Iain Spowart,Scotland.

Guest DNelson

Anyone remember the Bill Murray movie, "Groundhog Day"? Seeing this thread growing, I feel like I'm in the movie...Dan

Guest Stardog

Uhhhh can I get one too :)Thanks ahead of timestardog@frugalsworld.com

Please send me one I've been looking for along time.pluto1168@hotmail.comThanx,pluto1168(kelvin)

Guest Iain Spowart

On its way!Iain Spowart,Scotland.(Love the web-site BTW. Big Falcon 4 fan!)

Guest Iain Spowart

It's in the mail :-)Iain Spowart,Scotland.