Sign in to follow this  
Guest B742FAN

Ok.. wow...

I'm not sure what pinpoints the major difference between SU1 and SU2. Perhaps because although I am now very familiar with this plane, it's as though EVERYTHING has changed. First thing I noticed were the sounds. What the heck is that NOISE? I'll bet its the recirc fan. WOOT! they DID IT!!! hah! good good.. Landing light gonna blind me?? NO!! WOOT they DID IT!! HAH! Ok.. onward and upward. Does that clicking on the GW in the FMC put the actual weight in?? WOOT!!! They did it!! HAHAHA!! IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT!!!Ok.. lesse how she handles. Taxiing to the runway, I began to notice that my usual slight stutters with my dual monitors were blatantly.... NOT THERE!!! HAH!! FRAME RATES!! THEY DID IT!! OK... well, Lets see what happens after the V1 rotate. Smooth. I mean REALLY smooth. None of that nasty trim bobble. Ok.. Climb out and lets see if that CWS thingie that I heard Randy (grin) yacking about earlier works. Nice right turn on climbout and clicked it CWS A. HEYNOW!! WOOT THEY DID IT!!! HAH!!! How the HECK did you guys do that??? I played around with some of the MCP modes with MUCH satisfaction before finally clicking VNAV and LNAV to continue on my route. By now I knew that the VNAV bobble was a thing of the past. And it was. Cruise is great. I can now use the cabin in my everyday flying with the new framerates and can probably bump up my limit a bit as well. Landing is great, and having the runway stay on the map is just great as well as the missed approach proceedures (the thing i was looking forward to the most.)AND you guys figured out how to model the thrust predictor thingie. (Boeing term) Moving the throttle provides accurate accounts of where the thrust will be when the engines catch up. WTG!!!!!I may be preachy or whatever but this is unbelievable. It's done RIGHT implimented RIGHT and feels RIGHT. Nothing has ever come closer for me as this. AS REAL AS IT GETS indeed!!!A high five to all the PMDG folks, beta testers and all. I am *FLYING* a 737 and as long as I don't hear the wife yelling at me to "TURN THAT DOWN!!!" I have no idea that I'm not really there.THANKS!___Josh

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I know I love the airplane, it was certainly worth the wait, flies just great. Thanks guys you did a great job.Eric

Well, I have about 200 hours in your PMDG does that count? It really should! But no, I am just a longtime diehard Flight Simulator and Boeing fan. Honestly you guys have raised the bar and created a new sport! I do have a solo certificate out of KVNY in a 172 (although I haven't flown in a year) and I've been flight simming since I was 6 with Sublogic's FS2 and a great Apple IIe with the optional 128k ram.Hope the entire PMDG team gets good sleep tonight I know I will (haven't really slept much since saturday myself, especially once I figured out that I could take my wireless mouse to bed with me and refresh (patiently) in my sleep... "*Click* arrrgh zzzzzzzzz"__Josh