Sign in to follow this  
Guest stefankraan

737NG and ATC in fs9

Question: When the FMC is programmed (I usually convert a flight-plan from .plan to .rte and then program the details myself) according to the flight I have chosen in the fs9 flight-planner, I usually end up with differences in ATC-instrucions and the FMC (example: in spite of planning a flight VOR to VOR, ATC lets me make a turn although I haven't reached a VOR yet according to the FMC), although the waypoints according to planning and FMC are the same. Is ATC completely compatible or not?Thanks,Stefan Kraan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Stefan,no, FS9's ATC is not compatible to real procedures - so this ATC isn't compatible to the 737NG, too.Don't expect, that ATC lets you fly according to your FMC input. SIDs and STARs are not supported by ATC - enroute it should work better.If you want to fly with ATC, I recommend VATSIM - flying online gives an additional thrust of reality.

You can fly many approaches according your STARS, because many airports in FS9 has some approaches defined. If ATC tells you e.g. turn right heading xxx, trying to vector you for an approach, you can choose standBy instead and request different approach. If you do so, this approach usualy has an transition point and ATC clears you to it.Then ATC does not care how do you get there, so you can follow your STAR programmed in FMC.Unfortunately, it does not apply for SID procedures.