Sign in to follow this  
Guest BernBear

Buying from PMDG, bad luck with short first name

HelloI attempted to buy the PMDG 737 today, but couldn't get to the checkout, because the validation script stubbornly insists that I have to enter 5 characters into the Bill to: Name field, since my last name is 7 letters long, I was assuming the the error message, even though unspecific, refers toi the "First Name" field.But unfortunately my Name is Max and that is only three letters instead of the required 5 and that name won't get any longer anytime soon ;-) Well, the overamericanized 5 digit zip code requirement can easily be overcome with a leading zero (Swiss Postal codes only have four digits), but the 5 letter First Name requirement seems to be a little on the thoughtless side, since I always enter my Name exactly as it appears on my Credit card (I had Transactions rejected, because I added my middle initial on a website).Best regardsMax (Bern, LSZB)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Max,use Maxmax for the first name and correct it on the following page to Max. Worked for me.Uwe

Thanks Uwe!Now that I Know I'll have a chance to change it back on a subsequent page, that's what I'll do.Best regardsMax (Bern, LSZB)