Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Scenery Greece for Fs2002 Starting Points.

recently purchased this scenery......nice and neat tidy graphics.i just have a problem with starting a flight.i can only choose to start the flight from the runway.it doesnt give me the option to choose a gate,ramp or parking as the start point.All other airports i have added are ok,,,only these Greek addons have this problem.does anybody know away around thisThanks inadvance

Guest gasebah

Yeah, because most of the airports are still default in a sense. The makers did not care about gates, taxiways and starting points. Therefore you will also have no AI there. Either you start fiddling around with Traffic Tools and ad all that, or you stay patinet and hope someone else will be doing it.Chances are that my Greek friend Dimitris is working in it right now and will upload the files in a few days.Alex

Guest Stamatis

May I ask exactly what scenery package are you referring to?Where can one find it, and what does it have to offer in addition to default, if as you say all airports are the default ones?Many thanks,Stamatis, an ignorant Greek :-)

Guest gasebah

It is quite a nice package for Greece from a company called Flylogic (Swiss company) with some 25 quite detailed airports or so. It is only available as a boxed version. I ordered mine at www.aerosoft.de. I am not sure whether or not they ship outside germany. But chances are you will find another place to buy it. When I said the airports are default I did not mean the scenery. In fact the sceneries are pretty detailed with even the cities around them. What I meant was that coressponding taxiways are not recognized by the AI and like the other thread says the gates and parking positions were not set up correctly or not at all.Alex

yeah agreed its a very nice add on package...im in england and purchased it through a firm calledhttp://www.rcsimulations.com/they are a supplier for all sorts of addon in the uk.it cost me

Guest Stamatis

Alex and "CentenaryMan"Thank you for your replies.I know FlySoft had come out with a FS98 version of Greece.I wonder if it is the same package just upgraded for FS2002 use, or is it written from scratch?I guess there is a way to tell: Does it feature LGAV (Eleftherios Venizelos Airport, Athens), or does it only have LGAT, the old airport ?RegardsStamatis

Guest gasebah

O.K. it is a FS2000 scenery originally updated to fit FS2002. It features LGAV. LGAT has no changes, it is just default.Alex

Guest gasebah

Well as I predicted my friend Dimitris started working. He is ready adjusting LGAV with AFCAD. I have tried the file. Works great, took him 2 days. I guess he will upload the file tomorrow. For those who cannot wait that long- send me yr e-mail adress. I it are not to many I will send you the file.Alex

Guest Stamatis

Thank you Alex. The fact that it includes LGAV shows that it is indeed a true update.One last bit: What kind of impact does it have on frame rates ?Stamatis

Guest gasebah

Well that is hard to tell frm here cuz I am running an Athlon XP2100+ with a GF4Ti4600. But frm my experience u can have decent framerates at most airports. Some have a detailed city scenery around them. At those I would suggest to go to "dense" in the scenery complexity setting.Alex