Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmetzinger

SU2 Evaluation

I've completed putting 15 flight hours on SU2 in the past three days, conducting the following test operations:Basic airwork, fully manual (no FMC or autopilot):Normal Takeoff and Landing (day and night)Rejected TakeOffEngine Failure After V1 (single engine circuit to landing)Power Off and Power On StallsSteep Turns (45 degrees)Single Engine ILS approach and go-aroundDual Engine ILS approach and landingInverted CrashThe only anomaly found in this testing was that the crash caused errors in panels.dll causing FS9 to terminate.With the FMC and autopilot:TOGA takeoffRejected TakeOffRoute ProgrammingSID/STAR/TransitionsApproachesCWS modeGo AroundHoldsLNAV opsLNAV course interceptsVNAV climbs, cruise and descentsMissed approaches and diversionsAutolandsThe only anomalies in these operations were:Creating Place/Bearing/Distance waypoints with a decimal distance when there are duplicate fixes in the database.Missed approach logic does not cleanly support returning to the same airport for another approach.Path flown is correct, Path drawn on ND not always matching.Online with VATSIM and FSMeteo:4.5 hours of SimSouthwest flying from KTNT-KMCO-KMHT-KBWI.No problems found, and wind shear in FSMeteo seems improved with FSUIPC 3.135 (no disconnects).For people having difficulties, I encourage you to persevere, the experience is well worth it. All of the issues I've found are known, minor, and in the case of the PBD waypoints I expect Anthony will fix it soon.PMDG, you've done an _outstanding_ job with SU2, and I can't wait to start work on the next tutorial. Unfortunately I have to visit family and ferry an airplane to the west coast over the next two weeks, so I won't be doing much simming or writing until the new year.Happy Holidays!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!