Sign in to follow this  
Guest Slyman

Using DME in a SID

Guest Slyman

Just a quick question to anyone out there with an understanding of the coding for SID/STAR's. Is it possible to programme a SID where the aircraft flies a DME from a NAVAID, other than inserting a fix?Here is a SID for FAJS (Johannesburg) http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53879.gifIt says maintain runway heading to *5.5DME* JSVAt first I just programmed in JA and JB as Fixes and used them, but all SID's relating to this Airport work with DME from JSV.So, I was just wondering if there is a statement where I can use DME? In the Approaches of some of the other airfields I have noticed "LEGDIST" as a statement but that is for holds AFAIK. This works (but is not very real) using the fix JB------------------------SID WIV1D RNW 03L FIX JB TRK 70 UNTIL RADIAL 274 FROM NAVAID WIV NAVAID WIV 9000-----------------------but this is what I would like to do (if possible)-----------------------SID WIV1D RNW 03L TRK 31 UNTIL DME 5.5 FROM NAVAID JSV TRK 70 UNTIL RADIAL 274 FROM NAVAID WIV NAVAID WIV 9000----------------------Any advice????John

Guest stang

Give this a try.SID WIV1DRNW 03L KEEP HDG UNTIL 5.5 FROM NAVAID JSV HDG 70 INTERCEPT RADIAL 274 FROM NAVAID WIV NAVAID WIV 9000Terry

Guest Slyman

TerryThanks for that advice, it worked. John