Sign in to follow this  
Guest capherc

Testing my SIDSTAR file

Guest capherc

I have completed a SIDSTAR file but now comes the huge task of testing each and every SID, STAR, approach and missed approach, including all transitions. This is a lot of flying! Each time I want to test a STAR, I have to fly an entire flight from airport to airport. Instead of performing an entire flight from airport to airport just to test a STAR, can I begin a flight from Top Of Descent? Can I enter a flight plan into the FMC while airborne? I would like to start each test flight approximately 100NM from destination, where I will enter the STAR and the approach data into the FMC.Kenny Rogers

Guest rcarlson123

Have you tried it?I started a flight from KATL to KDFW on VATSim the other night, but changed my destination during cruise to be KDEN instead. I deleted the arrival airport on the RTE page, which caused the route to be deleted, then I entered KDEN as the arrival airport, then keyed in some waypoints on the LEGS page. I was able to select the STAR for KDEN with no problem. Maybe you could do the same type of thing, using a saved flight (saved during cruise) to test your STARs.

Guest capherc

Okay, thanks. I will try again. I did something a little different that produced some rather wild results.Kenny Rogers

Guest hirsch944

Kenny, would you consider a kind of 'beta testers' approach? I have a feeling there are many enthusiastic PMDG fans out here, such as myself, that wouldn't mind trying out your procedures in their own flight plans. They could report back issues. Just a thought, if you are spending the time to learn/create/release SIDs/Stars, it's certainly not going to be feasible to test each one.http://www.menwholooklikekennyrogers.com Dave HChief Operating OfficerEagle Express Virtual Airlineswww.EagleExpressVA.com

Guest capherc

Okay, here is another file we created (Abbotsford Airport). Most of the credit is due to Roger Precious.Kenny Rogers