Sign in to follow this  
Guest skywreck

FMC question

Guest skywreck

Is the FMC meant to calculate the take-off speedsor do they have to be entered manually?Also how does one change the runway conditionfrom say wet to dry, etc. I've tried a few thingsbut could't get it to work.Is this sort of info in some manual?thanksJoaquin

Guest ba747heavy

>Is the FMC meant to calculate the take-off speeds>or do they have to be entered manually?Either way works in the NG. You can enter VSpeeds into the FMC, or you can hit the LSKs by the blank airpseed lines and you will get your VSpeeds calculated for you. This isn't realistic, but because we don't have the reference materiel that the real pilots have, this is an ok cheat.>Also how does one change the runway condition>from say wet to dry, etc. I've tried a few things>but could't get it to work.Not sure if the NG takes this into account. I think this is done when you(in a real NG) look at the big book of takeoff numbers and you take into account runway conditions that way.

Guest skywreck

>>Is the FMC meant to calculate the take-off speeds>>or do they have to be entered manually?>>Either way works in the NG. You can enter VSpeeds into the>FMC, or you can hit the LSKs by the blank airpseed lines and>you will get your VSpeeds calculated for you. This isn't>realistic, but because we don't have the reference materiel>that the real pilots have, this is an ok cheat.>>>Also how does one change the runway condition>>from say wet to dry, etc. I've tried a few things>>but could't get it to work.>>Not sure if the NG takes this into account. I think this is>done when you(in a real NG) look at the big book of takeoff>numbers and you take into account runway conditions that way.FredMany thanks for your prompt reply.Joaquin