Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mockorange

Dial-up Download Blues

Hi, I am a current licensed user of PMDG 737 NG which I purchased November 2003. Using DAP 7.0 I tried to download Service Update 2 from the URL link provided in the licensed customer upgrade notification e-mail, but with no success. It seems that the download server is not Resume Support enabled. I am connected to the internet via a dial-up connection, so Resume Support enabled downloads are essential to success. After several futile attempts, I purchased Always Resume Service from DAP ($20.00), activated and enabled the Always Resume feature in the DAP 7.0 download manager's option menu and tried again. But for some reason the Always Resume service won't work and I continue to have a Resume not supported download. In DAP 7.0 options menu I have checked the "Always asked me if I want to use the Always Resume feature" for Resume not supported downloads, but when I restart the download there is no prompt. The download just starts with an not supported download. I 've removed the file from the download queue and tried to restart the download via the URL link and still no success. I double checked and my Always Resume Status is activated and enabled. Now to make matters worse, after numerous attempts to download the SU2 file, my URL download link is now deactivated (must be some of kind site security protection mechanism). Can someone from support reactivate my download link? Also to help the dial-up customers, can someone here provide some insight on how to have a Resume supported download of this file. I had no problem with the PMDG 737 NG purchased in November 2003. Even though, it was a complex download and install procedure as compare to most recent commercial software. Will you or someone else please make available a CD version of SU2 file for all the dial-up users who are having problems downloading it (I am willing to pay something to end this frustration, $10.00 or $20.00 US). I guess if you just reactivate my download link, I can try to have a local computer store that has a broadband connection download SU2 for me (They may do it for $10.00 or $20.00, I hope). I hope your future products will have a better delivery process than SU2. I was really looking forward to their release. Mockorange@netzero.net

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!