Sign in to follow this  
Guest capherc

Some fun STAR creation questions

I have a few questions for those SIDSTAR gurus lurking out there in the shadows, possibly afraid to post ;).I am currently working on a sidstar file for an international airport that I have flown out of and air-traffic-controlled at. The airport has two types of stars: Navaid-based STARs and RNAV-based STARs. For realism, I will include both types, although the 737NG really only needs the RNAV-based STARs. Any thoughts here?I really wish I could apply "at or above" and "at or below" instructions in my STARs. In this manner, I could achieve a higher level of realism. As Terry Yingling suggested, I am having to "fake it" and fudge numbers here and there. I would prefer to follow the STAR procedure VERBATIM, and not have to "dream up" altitude restrictions that will keep the airplane happy. I believe "14000B" is understood by the FMC. If only I could write this way in the SIDSTAR files.Many of the airport's STARs have both "enroute" transitions and "runway" transitions, so I have had to get creative. For example, the KEINN4 arrival. I have had to create three KEINN4 arrivals, one for each of the three runways it serves. I have named them KEINN4.08, KEINN4.12 and KEINN4.26 as they each serve the individual runways 08, 26 and 12. Any suggestions? I have attached the STAR section of my file for your review. This is not a complete sidstar file.Kenny Rogers

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Maybe this helpsSTARSPoint begin STAR -> IAPTRANSITION: END AIRWAY -> Begin STARRNW XX RNW XXENDSTARSAPPROACHESApproach RNW XX and MATRANSITION: IAP -> BEGIN APPROACHENDAPPROACHESSoft Altitude Constraints are not modelled in SU2 ;)