Sign in to follow this  
Guest zimmerbz

Uploading screenshots??

Guest zimmerbz

I have some screen shots that I took with FSSCREEN that I want to upload. I read that i need to have them 800x600. I did that, but the jpeg is way over 125mb (900). How do I make it smaller so I can upload?Brad Zimmer

Guest Franken

Do you have Photoshop or a similar program? I use Photoshop and the 'Save for Web' option where the image is reduced in quality enough to come below the required size of 125kb and still look good.

Guest Ken_Salter

Personally, I just use Alt+Print Screen to get a screen shot in the Clipboard. Then I open Paint, paste, resize and save as JPG. No problem.You could try opening your screen shot in Paint, then let Paint re-save it as a jpg. Maybe it will do a better compression for you.

Guest Ray CYYZ
http://www.irfanview.com/ is an excellent and simple utility for resizing screen shots down for posting purposes. Takes about 3 keystrokes to reduce your screen shot down to a nice modem friendly 800x600 jpeg. You can also crop the shot down for just the area you want to show (great for tutorial type stuff).short tutorial:Hit Print Scrn key in FS.Alt-Tab to desktop.Start IRFANVIEW.Hit Ctrl-V to paste your screen shot.Hit Ctrl-R to resize. Pick 800x600.Hit S to save as ... Set type to JPEG. Quality will default to 80%.Post your pic. You can play with the quality value if 80% is not crisp enough for you. Higher % = better image quality (trade off for larger file size).You'll find a 1600x1200 screen shot goes from 5.49MB to 44.8KB.Ray