Sign in to follow this  
Guest MEL

737 PMDG and Go flight hardware

Guest MEL

Does anyone use the 737 PMDG and Go flight hardware? Are they compatible? I have the GF MCP and was wondering can I configure this with the 737 PMDG CDU/FMS?ThanksAaron

Guest Nav LT

Hi Mel I use Go Flight equiment myself and most of it does work. The only dissapointing thing not to work is the MCP. I can assign keys for just about everything else but that. I also have the GF-TQ6 and it works very well with it too. I have asked Go Flight about this and they stipulate that it is not compatable with the PMDG 737. What is curious though is that when I change the heading, course, speed on the 737, it is reflected on the GF-MCP. SO that tells me tht the signal is being recieved from the the 737 MCP but unable to to send to it.Go-Flight offers a SKD however, I lack any kind of computer skills in the programing departement. So if you learn of a way in which to make this all work together, I sure would like to know.Have a great new year. Items that I have which works with PMDG 737.RP48GF-T8GF166A VRPGF-P8GF-LGTGF-TQ6Best Reguards,:-beerchug

Guest MEL

So how do you fly the 737 PMDG without the GF-MCP? You must use your mouse and onscreen PMDG MCP do you?By the way..how do you rate the 737 PMDG? Might there be a better one?ThanksAaron

Guest Nav LT

Hi Aaron, First, sorry about the name mix up. Yes I do use the mouse for all of the MCP heading, course, ISA, VS and altitude input. As far as my Flight director, Auto throttle, CMD left and Right, LNAV and VNAV, I have configured those to the RP-48.As far as rating the PMDG 737, I really do enjoy flying it. So much so that I'm always finding an excuse to get of chores and fly it. LOLThe only other plane that I have used that comes close to the realism that I enjoy from this PMDG 737 is the Dream Fleets 737. But that is stuck in the hangar now since I have upgraded to FS9 and flying the PMDG 737.The only real bummer for me is that the MCP from Go Flight is not functioning with the plane. PMDG offers the key mapping ability to their plane and took a small amount of patience to configure it all to work with the plane. However, I liked flying the plane that much that I was willing to keep at it until everything that I could get configured, was to my liking.Now I'm just hoping that one day, the equipment developers and plane developers one day are able to come up with a standard to use when creating their superior quality stuff.Does this help?All the best,

Guest MEL

Yes that helps a great deal in deciding what my next step will be. Unfortunatly I have the GF-MCP. I also use Project Magenta Boeing Glass Cockpit and it works quit well with the GF MCP. I'm trying to find the perfect combination of software and hardware within a sensible budget and with as little use of the darn mouse as I can.I'm still in realively early stages of my sim. If GF would concentrate on getting there MCP compatible with some of the 3rd party aircraft it would be a huge selling feature. What to do??? What do????What other systems can you control using GF with PMDG? Does it have air conditioning, electrical, hydraulics? stuff like that?Do you use Project Magenta software?Nice to talk to other die hard simmers like yourself.ThanksAaron

Guest Nav LT

Okay as far as the overhead stuff goes, I can get the usual stuff that MSFS and Go-flight work together on, to function. However..... Because of things like the yaw damper, De-icing, APU Start/ off and bleed have multiple switches to perform the required steps, they are more difficult to get to work. I haven