Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikemcbee

engines shuttin down on every flight.

Guest mikemcbee

My PMDG 737NG engines are randomly shutting down on every flight now. This happened after SU2 I think? I'm not sure. I use the new latest FUIPC and Radar Contact 3. I have been flying this 737 since it first came out. I know it pretty well now, including the FMC and fuel management. Now, no matter what I do, the engines just shut down by themselves. DOes anyone have any ideas about this. I am about ready to give up here and go back to dreamfleet. Thanks in advance. Mike Mcbee

Guest Paul Heaney

Do you have enough Fuel, Do you have any Failures turned on??

Guest mikemcbee

Plenty of fuel and no failures selected. I even tried removeing PMDG with their removal tool and then reinstall. I haven't tried it without Radar Contact 3 yet? It is truly weird and I am quickly losing faith in this product. Thanks for your help though. Mike

Guest B742FAN

Try creating a new flight in a 172 then switch to the PMDG. I had this problem until I did this. No clue why it worked but it did.__Josh

Guest mikemcbee

Thanks for your reply. I just did a flight without Radar Contact 3 (latest version) and everything is fine. I guess its no more RC3? Oh well . . . Mike

Guest MSMITH6

Mike-I'm not sure what your problem is, but I can tell you I have SU2 and RC3 and I have no problems whatsoever.Do you have version 3.1 build 2264 for Radar Contact? Do you have FSUIPC 3.135? AdvDisp latest (2.123 I think)? You said that engines didn't shut down if you were not running RC? There's nothing in RC that controls your engines I'm aware of.Sorry I don't have a solution, but I did want you to know that there are users of the PMDG 737 and RC that are running it fine. Hang in there, I'm sure someone will have a solution.

Guest mikemcbee

Thanks for our response. I do have all those versions. Perhaps my resources are just getting overloaded. I don't see how with 2Gb of Ram and 2.8 Intel CPU. I have a thread for this going in the Radar Contact Forum now. They are helping me. Thanks Mike

Guest fly_by

Hi!I had this problem also once one a flight from LOWK to EDDK on app. at about 15000ft. They simply failed both at the same time and there was a "eng fail" message yellow on the EICAS. In the menu; no Fails active.Very strange, and believe me I have enough expierence on this plane. :-) So starting APU> putting bleed on and restarting of the engines helped. *gg* Very funny inflight though. :-) Sailing the "Next Generation" This does happen very rare. But don't know why.Alle the best.Manuel Andre StaubmannMy specs:Intel I865PERLP4 3.2ghz 800mhz FSBATI Radeon 9800XT 256mb1GB 400mhz dual-channel ramWindows XP Home4 led fans and ATX tower :-)