Sign in to follow this  
Guest kevchris

Great Product but do I need a pilots license first?

Congratulations to the developers of the PMDG 737 - what a great looking plane, panel, sounds etc - all superior and well worth the price paid.BUT.... I am frustrated, as I cannot seem to land this thing. Once I am on the approach a mysterious cross wind blows the aircraft literally sideways.I have this problem regardless if I using a third party weather generator or not.Perhaps I am just not qualified to fly a 737. I have been using Microsoft flight simulator products since 1990. I am sure I do not know everything like some simmers, as I "fly" mainly for the fun of it - and I cannot pretend to know every aspect of flying jet aircraft.I did not have this problem with the Dreamfleet 737, as it seemed to forgive my lack of flight education and just let me operate the thing, even though I am sure some of the buttons were not being pushed that should be pushed.The main question is: Is there a known bug here that make the PMDG 737 very difficult to land, or is it just me?Thanks very much.Kevin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Kevin,next time you go flying, take a close look at your engine instruments when you reduce power on approach. Do BOTH engines spool down or just one?I've noticed that occasionally my throttle stops controlling both engines and only controls one, and this causes asymmetrical thrust and problems controlling the airplane.

Thank you for responding - I will indeed check this. If this is the case, is there a solution??