Sign in to follow this  
Guest capherc

Missed approach procedure

Guest capherc

I have read the missed approach procedure for an ILS approach, but what about a VOR approach? In the case of a VOR approach, your minimums are typically around 400'agl. When I reach the MAP, I hit the TOGA switch, but the autopilot disconnects! Why won't the aircraft power up and climb? I have to manually reengage the CMD A and select LNAV. Did I just answer my own question?Kenny Rogers

Guest sk400hvy

Pressing TO/GA will disconnect the AP unless you are on a dual AP coupled approach. As a real 737 will. U will have to engage the AP on the desired roll and pitch modes by yourself.One easy way to fly a VOR apch that i know alot of companies use is to fly it on LNAV and various vertical modes. I usually use V/S but i know that some prefer to program the different distances and their corresponding heights into the CDU and fly it on VNAV all the way in, that is if these distances and heights are published on the apch-plate.Since I'm not rated on the 737 yet I'll let the experts expand on this.Cheers/Andy (4 months shy of a 737NG type :D)

Guest capherc

Thanks, you have been helpful on this. So when you reach the MAP on a VOR approach, you DO NOT hit the TOGA switch? You would just leave the aircraft in LNAV mode, select the missed approach altitude on the MCP and hit LVL CHG? Kenny Rogers