Sign in to follow this  
Guest lbb

Any cockpit graphics update for 800/900?

Guest lbb

Guys,So we don't get any confusion here, let me start by saying that I think PMDG737 is one of the most visually attractive sims ever, apart from all its other great features. The external model is outstanding and the cockpit is for the most part top notch as well. From day 1 I have been very impressed especially with the PFD and ND, which are very smooth and without the usual jagged edges. They make you want to build your own cockpit :-)However, in my opinion there are a few items that are just slightly short of that perfection.The dials on the overhead panel and the standby instruments are somewhat less clear and convincing than the ND and PFD. To give an example of what I mean, the pointers on the RMI are, depending on their position of course, slightly jagged, and on selecting a different frequency they jump, rather than turn, to their new position. Now, I realize these are absolutely minor points, however, it's little things like that that enhance the illusion that you're actually looking at a dial, rather than a computer screen.The night lighting effect on the forward panel looks great, however on the overhead panel I find that I have difficulty distinguishing the caution lights from the captions, since they are just about as bright. On the other hand the throttles and radios seem a bit dark, although I have to admit that I'm not quite sure how they should look in the RW.The numbers on the FLT ALT display on the pressurization panel and the AC and DC metering panel, shouldn't those look more like digital numbers?And finally, the display icons, while obviously necessary, are somewhat distracting, especially above the PFD. I wonder if it would be possible to make them visible only when you point your mouse over the area?Again, I hope you don't get the impression that I'm dissatisfied, or that I'm trying to make unreasonable demands. But since you guys seem to be able to do just about anything I thought I might as well ask :-)Leo Bakker

Guest esperienza

Hi Leo, I too would love to see an upgraded cockpit for the 737NG like the dreamfleet 737 but I would also like to say that I'm very happy with it the way it is, any other upgrade will serve as further refinment of this already amazing product.I only have one problem regarding inserting airways in the mod rte page, I almost always get invalid entry message error!?!Do you know if anyone has open this topic yet in the forum or is it me doing something wrong? I've been away for a while so if anyone could address me in regard I'd appreciate a lot.Thanks,David

Guest lbb

Well, don't know about a previous thread and it seems we're straying off course a bit here :-) but I have to tell you I have that quite a lot too.The problem is, where do you get the right airways info from? In Holland you can get old Jeppessen high altitude charts at the Luchtvaart (=Aviation) Hobbyshop, so half the time when I use those the airways have been changed again. And then there's the difference between the original FS2004 database and the AIRAC 0313 from Navdata. So I don't think you're doing something wrong, these airways are just changing all the time.Leo Bakker

Guest esperienza

Thanks for the insite Leo but my problem is a little more severe.I don't want to go off topic so I'll open another discussion in regard soon.Anyway thanks again!David