Sign in to follow this  
Guest zth

Active Camera 2004 cockpit viewpoints configuration

Guest zth

Greetings everyone,I've put together a small compilation of viewpoints for use with Active Camera 2004 when viewing the PMDG 737-700 in the virtual cockpit interior (VC or VCCAB models). The views are only configured for the cockpit. I've also set up a jumpseat and flightdeck overview position - just for the fun of it.Here is a summary of the views that are included:http://www.fshungary.com/zth/73g_acv_preview.jpg1) captain's perspective2) cdu programming view3) first officer's perspective4) engine instruments and throttle quadrant from f/o's perspective5) forward pedestal from captain's pespective6) overhead panel (no functionality in VC view)7) jumpseat perspective8) flight deck overview (from cabin door entry)9) captain's clipboard view10) captain's view of left wing during e.g. flight control checkI've found the wings are not visible from the VC in the VC-only model of the 737-700: if this could be included that would be great.To download the view configuration file, right-click the following link, and select 'Save target as...' then locate your Flight Simulator 9 main directory, and save the file with an ACV extenstion there.http://www.fshungary.com/zth/pmdg_737-7q8_loa.acvThe file must be placed in the main FS2004 directory. To activate the views, open Flight Sim, load the PMDG model, and load the view config file using Active Camera 2004. A regisered version of AC2004 is required to use the file. The viewpoints can be accessed by selecting virtual cockpit view mode, and holding down the Ctrl key, followed by the corresponding number for each view.Hope you will enjoy using the views: I have never found much use for virtual cockpits, however since SU2 I find myself enjoying a nice view during cruise on long flights. It's also nice to do the route programming with the CDU during preflight from the VC. The file may be freely distributed.For anyone interested, you can download here a short video of a landing completed with the PMDG 737-700 in Flight Sim 2004.http://www.fshungary.com/zth/land_01.aviGreetings,Zoltan HegedusBudapest, Hungary