Sign in to follow this  
Guest driver28

FMC not calculating speed/FL on legs page...

Guest driver28

Hi!I've had this AC for a short while now and I did the brilliant advanced tutorial by Tim Metzinger. Now I wanted to load a flightplan previously stored in FS, so I converted the plan in question, ESSA-ENGM, with "pln to rte", a nifty little tool... Well plan loaded and activated, all pages gone through and pre-flight complete. Latest NAV databases and SID/STARS, BUT, on the RTE page the right side just shows ---/------ instead of speed/FL at different waypoints in the flightplan... I'm used to the Greatest airliners 737-400 from Flight1 before and there was never any problems with this there... What could be wrong/what am I doing wrong?/Hasse

"... on the RTE page the right side just shows ---/------ instead of speed/FL at different waypoints in the flightplan..."Just wondering if you have completed your initialization pages, Hasse? E.g. Cost Index will need to be entered.I have come across similar situations where I haven't been methodically entering initialization data and have had to re-enter a Cost Index to get things working properly.Hope this helps.Cheers.Ian.

Guest driver28

Hi Ian!Nope I've checked the cost index too... that's not it...any more suggestions?/Hasse

Guest jumpjet

I don't have the 737NG yet, but in my experience generally I would expect to see the waypoint FL's etc. after entering Cost Index, Zero Fuel Weight, and Trip/Leg fuel into the FMC.As I say, I'm not familiar with the 737NG, but if the above fails, you may even have to enter a departure and arrival runway, you can change them later if required.Graham

Guest Svend

Hi HasseI had the same problem.I tried to make a flightplan from Stansted to Malmoe and found out that I had to thoose a runway and in my case make an arrival at runway 35 (standard runway Malmoe) and it worked.Hope it will helpRegardsSvend

Guest driver28

Hi Graham!The 737NG does calculate fuel just by pushing the LSK 1. I have after that put in cost index and spare fuel thereby getting access to the N1 limit page. I didn't forget to enter current temperature either. In the DF737-400 you had to enter current temperature to get the V1 Vr and V2 speeds calculated for you and so it is here too I believe. Something else must be wrong... I'll expand my original problemdescription a bit:WHen programming the FMC the route includes a few waypoints and before ececuting the plan I put in a departure RWY as given by ATIS and ground when asking for taxi clearence. I then Exec the plan. Then I go to the perf init page to enter fuel, spare fuel and temperature. I then get the prompt for N1 limit page and goes past it to the take off page to give the FMC my desired flaps position, and then click the LSK 1,2,3,R to get the V1, VR and V2 speeds calculated for me. I get preflight complete and thn go to thr RTE page to review the speeds and altutides en route. In the DF737 the info was alread there, but not here?!?!? BUT when following the tutorial by Timothy M it works fine, so I have to have overlooked something... One thing to consider is that the flight plan is in candinavia and not in the US. Also when manually ading speeds and altitudes the VORs doesn't seem to match the ones ATC want me to pass since they direct me to other headings. his does not happen with the stock 737 and GPS.Any more tips?/Hasse

Guest driver28

Hi Svend!I'll try that tip!I'll try that and get back to you on how it went...Thanks,/Hasse