Sign in to follow this  
Guest cordelia

Whats your view?

Guest cordelia

Hi Guys and GalsYes PMDG great, Yes we are not worthy, Yes is this the greatest addiction ever yadda yadda yadda :-) Anyway, What I was wanting was a realstic point of view from the cockpit for defaul and for landing.In the wonderful world of simming - we are all the same height! (unless you got an external projecta set up)So could someone provide realistic zoom and seat hieghts for the PMDG737 for default and landing?Alternatively photos on approach/ or parked up at at stand that exists in FS9 from the POV of a 6ft 4" handsome pilot with a good sense of humour would do.........for me to use as a benchmark!!Steve

Guest ba747heavy

>POV of a 6ft 4" handsome pilot with a good sense of humour would do.........for me to use as a benchmark!! Steve,I can't help out, but :-lol at that comment!

"In the wonderful world of simming - we are all the same height!"Should be the same in the real world, too, Steve... Real seat height adjustments should allow your eye level to be the same for tall and short folks... although 6'4" is probably on the limit of adjustment. Having a set eye position allows for an optimum view of both instruments and runway. Some aircraft have marks on the window side pillars showing where your eyes should be positioned (in the vertical and fore-aft planes). Others even have a special eye alignment device on the centrepost.Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs here :(Cheers.Ian.