Sign in to follow this  
Guest dangerousleito

Trouble with SID/STAR on FMC (cant see them!)

Guest dangerousleito

Hi all.I'm getting introduced to this nice and amazing product with the help of the Advanced Operations Manual by Timothy Metzinger, but while working with the FMC, specifically with the DEPARTURE page, I cant find any of the SID's mentioned there (neither STAR's!).I'm following the document mentioned before (KSTL to KCLT), but without luck since that information on my FMC is missing. I have the current navdata (AIRAC-0313) in my "FlightSimulatorFMCWPNavdata" folder and have the SID/STARS (DAFIF Cycle 0313) in my "FlightSimulatorPMDGSIDSTARS" folder. I'm using FS2004.Any help will be appreciated.Thanks!Leitops--> the "nav data" option is disabled in the FMC (savind/loading flight plans)...MENU/FMC/NAV DATA...is this related?

Guest Goose

HiI am having the same problem. All files are in the correct folders, yet am unable to view the SID's and STAR's on the FMC.Can anyone enlighten me? pleasepaul

Guest ba747heavy

I haven't checked Tim's tutorial to see what SID/STARs he used, but odds are the cause is one of two things:1) The procedure is outdated. His tutorial is based on the 308 DAFIF procedure cycle, and maybe since then the relevant SID/STARs are no longer valid.2) DAFIF just went stupid and didn't have the procedures in its database. This sometimes happens, as DAFIF isn't a super consistent source, and DAFIF is the data that the PMDG SID/STARs are derived from.

Guest dangerousleito

>I haven't checked Tim's tutorial to see what SID/STARs he>used, but odds are the cause is one of two things:>>1) The procedure is outdated. His tutorial is based on the>308 DAFIF procedure cycle, and maybe since then the relevant>SID/STARs are no longer valid.>>2) DAFIF just went stupid and didn't have the procedures in>its database. This sometimes happens, as DAFIF isn't a super>consistent source, and DAFIF is the data that the PMDG>SID/STARs are derived from.Hi.I tried different airports (KSLC, KIAH) and the FMC couldn't find any of the SID/STAR's, so i'm wondering that this is not a problem with a particular airport or procedure, but with the entire navigation database used by the FMC. Is there any other way to be sure that I have all the components needed (or installed properly) for use with the FMC in my Simulator??Thanks in advance.Leito

Guest pagotan

Hi,OK, maybe you could first check that all appropriate files are in the right folders. That is:1. roughly 1,755 files in your X:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9PMDGSIDSTARS folder (where X stands for the drive used on your computer).2. 6 navigation files located in your X:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9FMCWPnavdata folder. These are the airports, wpNavAPT, wpNavRTE, wpNavFIX, wpNavAID and FMC ident files.If those files are there in their respective folders you should be able to see terminal procedures appearing in the FMC provided of course you choose an airport which is listed in the SIDSTARS folder. Be cautious however some airports are not complete. So it may happen that a runway is missing or your favorite SID /STAR has not been programmed but that is another story.If you still do not see terminal procedures in your FMC, I am affraid your installation has not be done correctly. It would be advisable to re-install PMDG, the latest navigation database available from NAVDATA and the latest terminal procedures from PMDG's site.DISCLAIMER:The above reflects only a personal opinion and was written without any intend to offend, harm or criticize in any way or manner any individual, institution, association or company including PMDG.Michael

Guest Rudo

Hi,I have the same problem: missing SID's. Even missing an entire airport in the 313-list: LFPG (Paris). I took a look at the PMDG_SIDSTARS_313, provided by Precisionmanuals and found out that many files are missing SID-data, or STAR-data, or both. I downloaded individual SID/STAR's from Navdata.at for my departure and arrival airports.Another option is to install old data or re-install the PMDG 737NG. I flew the tutorial with the original data (not the 313 data) and had no problems finding SID/STAR's. Only after installing Cycle_313 I found out about the missing data.Hope this helps.Maybe PMDG can provide SIDSTAR_312 data or create a new 313 file?Thanks,Rudi Langezaal

Guest Rudo

BTW, the tutorial airports, KSTL and KCLT, have complete SID and STAR's in the new 313-cycle. Maybe the problem lies somewhere else?Rudi