Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flying4Free

too much smoke

Guest JamesJ

I've recently noticed all of my piston ac are emitting clouds of smoke.I've removed all smoke files from the effects folder except the basic "smoke" and still get smoke. Never saw a real aircraft put out much smoke..anyone know what else I can do? JamesJ

How long are you past your TBO?Have the mechanic do a compresson test cause sounds like maybe worn rings or maybe its to rich and the injection is having problems?Sorry! Could'nt resist.Ed (The other Ed):-bigangel

James, Same here. Cessna 172 emits clouds upon startup and puffs in flight. I think it started when I installed a couple classic propliners (Connie and Stratocruiser). Did you also install such craft. I bet an "effects" smoke file overwrote the original one. Anyone else help us before the environmental police ground our planes??Richard Ball

Guest JamesJ

>James, Same here. Cessna 172 emits clouds upon startup and >puffs in flight. I think it started when I installed a >couple classic propliners (Connie and Stratocruiser). Did >you also install such craft. I bet an "effects" smoke file >overwrote the original one. Anyone else help us before the >environmental police ground our planes?? >Richard Ball I did install a Connie recently..maybe that's it..can anyone send me the original smoke files by email? jnjatwhisper@mchsi.com thanks in advance..JamesJ