Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marc Sykes

Interesting V-speed anomaly/bug

Just want to make clear off the top that this isn't a serious problem nor a gripe -- just an interesting anomaly I ran across today.Set up a flight as follows:KLAX-KRSW: LAXX5.IPL J2 GBN J50 ELP DCT PIE.SRQ5(It probably helps to know that the LAXX5 isn't in the SIDSTAR database, so you have to enter the waypoints manually: OCN VISTA JLI KUMBA IPL.)ZFW: 120.0 FUEL: 32.0 CRZ ALT: FL370 CI: 100Chose TO-2 and CLB-2 for N1 Limit; I pretty much always de-rate unless the runway's really short and I'm full of fuel. Then chose flaps 5.V-speeds came back as V1 110, Vr 111, and V2 114. I'm sure all of you can see that that's a bit low for TO-2 and a pretty full load of fuel/pax.The interesting part was that it only seemed to do this for TO-2/CLB-2. I tried to re-enter the data but it consistenly returned these low speeds. So I ended up leaving all the settings the same except going back and selecting TO-1/CLB-1. It then returned V1 137, Vr 139, V2 144, which is what I expected. This was the first problem I'd ever had with auto-calculation of V-speeds, and I pretty much always use TO-2/CLB-2.Anyway, just an interesting point, maybe something to try reproducing.Regards,Marc SykesSenior VP, LAX OperationsPacific West AirwaysZLA ARTCC Chief

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!