Sign in to follow this  
Guest steven van leeuwen

How to set the QNH??

Hi guys,When I'm flying online, the ATC gives me a QNH for landing. When I press the 'B' to set this QNH, it is always two degrees different. Example when I get 1020 from ATC, after pressing the 'B' it shows 1018.Because of this problem I'm always a bit too high or too low on the ILS. If I want to set the QNH manual, the only thing that changes are the other 4-digits (don't now for sure, but thought it was HG, standard 2992). No matter how far I turn the knob left in the panel, if the QNH is set on 1018 it stays there only the other 4 digits change.How come??Regards,Steven van Leeuwen

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HelloPressing "B" at any given time in the sim will set the local QNH relative to your actual location. Example: if you're inbound to an airport and descend below the transition FL, you will need to set the QNH of the destination airport. Pressing B during your descend will probably set a different QNH, one that is valid for the area you are overflying."Because of this problem I'm always a bit too high or too low on the ILS. If I want to set the QNH manual, the only thing that changes are the other 4-digits (don't now for sure, but thought it was HG, standard 2992)."To set the QNH manually, you need turn the BARO knob on the EFIS control panel to increase/decrease the value. To apply the selected manual QNH value, make sure the Standard mode is disengaged on the control panel.In Europe air pressure is given in hPa, and standard setting is 1013 hPa (1.013e5 Pa). In the US system that would be 29.92 inches of mercury."No matter how far I turn the knob left in the panel, if the QNH is set on 1018 it stays there only the other 4 digits change."If I understand correctly this may be the case if you have yet to disengage STD mode: should you be below the transition altitude you programmed in the desc forecast, you will find a thin yellow rectangle around the barometric readout on your PFD: this will be removed once you have reverted to the manual setting. You can verify STD mode by the letters "STD" displayed below the altitude tape on your PFD. Hope it helps,Regards,Zoltan Hegedus