Sign in to follow this  
Guest dave39

Spar Valve and Engine Valve

Have been working my way through the second tutorial by Fred Clausen and have encountered two problems. Under the heading "Flight Deck Preparation" the instruction is to:-Ensure that the ENGINE VALVE CLOSED lights are illuminated -Ensure that the SPAR VAVLE CLOSED lights are illuminated-FILTER BYPASS lights are extinguishedThe engine and spar valve lights are not illuminated. Does this matter? Does not seem to affect anything. Can I control them and if so how?Second problem: In my first attempt at the flight, I ended up WAY to high and unable to cross PAPPI at 5000ft. Anyone else have the same problem. WIll work my way through it again and see if I made a mistake!!!Thanks for any help and suggestions.Dave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Have been working my way through the second tutorial by Fred>Clausen and have encountered two problems. >Under the heading "Flight Deck Preparation" the instruction is>to:>-Ensure that the ENGINE VALVE CLOSED lights are illuminated >-Ensure that the SPAR VAVLE CLOSED lights are illuminated>-FILTER BYPASS lights are extinguished>>The engine and spar valve lights are not illuminated. Does>this matter? Does not seem to affect anything. Can I control>them and if so how?>>Second problem: In my first attempt at the flight, I ended up>WAY to high and unable to cross PAPPI at 5000ft. Anyone else>have the same problem. WIll work my way through it again and>see if I made a mistake!!!>>Thanks for any help and suggestions.>>DaveWhat you need to do is move the engine start levers on the throttle pedestal to IDLE (up) and back to Cutoff (down). The fuel system follows the FS keystrokes, but the levers and light logic do not - yet.

I have the same problem, way too high and no landing. I cannot find *wavie' and therefore everything goes wrong, no turning to RW 27L, I have written to Fred Clausen, but heard nothing.Ole