Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rudo

STAR differences

Guest Rudo

Hi,I like to use FSNavigator and FSBuild for planning and exporting plans to Radar Contact. The actual route/plan is than put in the FMC manualy. I found out that the STAR's used in both flightplanners are different from those used in the FMC. It seemt to me that the FMC uses more realistic STAR's with transitions, etc. How come those STAR's are so different as they are taken from the same cicle?I have no problems using the plans in Radar Contacs as I like to fly published Departure Procedures and IAP Approaches, so that keeps RC off my back. But, as most people here, I would like to fly and plan as they do in the real world...Thanks,Rudi Langezaal

Guest Rudo

To answer my own question:The reason I was asking this is because I was flying to EDDI (Berlin) and made the plan in FSNavigator for an ILS-approach to RWY8L. The FSNavigator procedure shows a different route than the PMDG-FMS (after entering manualy into the FMC). After looking at the approach-plate for EDDI I saw why: there are two approaches to RWY8L: a ILS- and a RNav-approach. The approach used by FSNavigator and FSBuild is the RNav-approach. PMDG-FMC uses the ILS-approach. Usualy there is no significant difference between the two, except in this case with EDDI.Thanks,Rudi Langezaal