Sign in to follow this  
Guest pschartau

Problem with SID

Hello,here's the data for EDDV SID WRB2F:SID WRB2F RNW 27L KEEP TRK UNTIL 600 NAVAID DV202 NAVAID DV257 NAVAID TOLTA NAVAID WRBHere's the route EDDV-EDDF:WRB2F TOLTA T154 FTZ T152 GED GED1WAs you can see, the SID should only be flown until TOLTA, where Airway T154 is joined. Trying to program this route in the FMC, I selected the SID and STAR on the DEP/ARR page, then went to the route page where the display wasVIA TO WRB2F WRB.I typed TOLTA in the input line and pressed the 1R button, hoping the line would change toVIA TO WRB2F TOLTA.The line changed alright, but a discontinuity was inserted afterwards, and I could not remove the discontinuity, no matter how hard I tried.What have I done wrong?cheersPhilipp

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,FL000-FL245 EDDV-WRB7S.TOLTA-T154-FTZ-T152-GED.GED1W-EDDFWhen you look at the route in FSBuild, you can see the SID is described as 'WRB7S.TOLTA' with 'TOLTA' as a transition. After choosing the runway, you choose the SID with 'TOLTA. as transition.The SID has two parts: First part is the departure: DV202-DV257 to TOLTA, the second part is the transition: TOLTA-WBR.You get a discontinuety because the route contains the TOLTA wpt twice. Trying to get rid of the disc. after the second TOLTA doesnt work. You have to delete the first TOLTA waypoint and than clean up the Disc.So your first waypoint to enter in the FMC is:T154 FTZT152 GEDGED is the transition for the GED1W STARI cannot check this as I am not behind ny PC, but you should give it a try...Good luck,Rudi Langezaal