Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dkoy

How to remove the default GPS from the B1900?

Guest Dkoy

Hi thereFirst of all - thanks for another great add on. I just installed it and it is so nice.I only have one little question. How can I remove the default GPS from the VC?The reason for this is the well known problem with the default GPS crashing FS9 to desktop if you get near sceneries which were made with ground2k.I just did a flight and my FS9 crashed - since the GPS is open in the VC.I know its not a PMDG problem at all, but the scenery designers. But since I use a lot of add on sceneries I guess the most easy thing for me to do is remove the GPS in the VC.I hope you can tell me how to remove it - then I will not ask for more :DBrSteen

Guest jason2112

I'm in no way affiliated with PMDG, just a happy user, but this might help:* Go to your FS9AircraftPMDG EXPRESS B1900D folder* Enter the Panel.VC folder* Make a backup copy of the panel.cfg file* Open the panel.cfg file with a text editor of your choice* Go to the VCockpit08 section (close to the end of the file)* Add two slashes (//) in front of the line gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,512,512This should comment out the GPS in the VC. Please only make these changes if you know what you're doing, and make sure you have a BACKUP of the edited file, in case something goes wrong.VOlker :]

Guest Dkoy

Perfect - thanks.BrSteen

Guest jason2112

I never have any problems with the default GPS - because I don't use it ;) The RealityXP 530XP is a very fine addition to the B1900D and any other plane. I would like to thank the PMDG team for making really good panel configs for the 530XP and JL2 available!VOlker :]