Sign in to follow this  
Guest tezbedz

Alternate/Divert

Guest tezbedz

Hi there,Unless I have missed it in the FMC there is no facility to put analternate destination in to the Flight plan as there is in th eAirbus FMC.Could you confirm this and also point out the right method of changing one's destination in the FMC.The only way I can think of is entering a new waypoint, ie the new airport and then changing the STAR.Appreciate your helpTerry

Guest tmetzinger

>Hi there,>>Unless I have missed it in the FMC there is no facility to put>analternate destination in to the Flight plan as there is in>th eAirbus FMC.>>Could you confirm this and also point out the right method of>changing one's destination in the FMC.>>The only way I can think of is entering a new waypoint, ie the>new airport and then changing the STAR.>>Appreciate your help>>TerryYou're wrong and right... the boeing FMC does allow for alternate planning, but it's not modelled in the sim (yet). If you need to divert to an alternate airport, what you do is put the new destination in the destination (duh) field on the RTE 1 page. That will normally delete the LEGs, and you can then go and build your new route from your present position on the RTE or LEGS pages. Depending on what phase of the flight you're in, VNAV may or may not work (again, a limitation of the FMC model in the sim at the moment).So, if you need to divert, be prepared to fly in LNAV and LVL CHG or VS for pitch control. It's the same method I use in flight 2 of my tutorial for the whole route, and for the missed approach in flight 4.

Guest tezbedz

Hi Timothy,Sorry to take so long getting back, Thanks for your help there, and also thanks for your Tutorial.Although I've been through your first tutorial, I downloaded V2 and printed it out last night.I have been through the first part this evening twice, looking forward to flying the rest.CheersTerry