Sign in to follow this  
Guest Coneman

Announcing Middle East Airports Project

Hi everyoneMyself and Pascal Bierque of FSMillennium have been corresponding about the lack of custom made, third party scenery add-ons for Flight Simulator 2002 anywhere east of Istanbul and west of Singapore!He and I agree that the Middle East is currently enjoying a booming and evolving civil aviation market. The fact airlines such as Emirates and Qatar Airways can order A380s, and building $bn new airports, is testament to that.Unfortunately, for reasons unknown to me, this area has not made a big impact on the current version of Flight Simulator, certainly from the scenery standpoint.So this is an appeal to anyone who ever wanted to experience the heady scents of an Arabian night (from the safety of an FS cockpit!) to come along and join us, or at least help us out.What do we need? Certainly documentation would be helpful. Charts, maps and most of all photographs of terminals and ancillary buildings would be brilliant. But at the moment Pascal is the only designer so far. And he's happy to give it his best shot, but work of this nature needs lots of people with lots of skills. So if you've started work on Dubai, Doha, Kuwait, Jeddah, Riyadh, Muscat - but never finished - we would love to hear from you. And if you've mastered GMAX for scenery construction purposes, please get in touch.Sorry this post became somewhat longer than I had intended.If you want to be a part of MEAP, in a small or big way, please drop me a line to: meap@btopenworld.comMany thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon.Rob CorpPS: This is a freeware project. You understand...

Unfortunately, I have absolutely nothing that I can contribute to this project, as I'm not a designer nor do I have any resources to offer.But I will say that I'll be looking forward to the work that you produce, as I would enjoy exploring the Middle East in higher detail than the generic scenery included in FS2002.Do you plan on doing just scenery objects, or are you planning on doing some mesh terrain as well?jkvato1.jpg

Guest Coneman

Hi Guys,I just got back from the store and Airways magazine had an article on Dubai airport. It's more about the new terminals I think but there were some good graphics in there. But I totally agree there is a definite lack of middle eastern airports!Cheers,ToddKCOE