Sign in to follow this  
Guest cast1010

Question for PMDG regarding your B1900 and future plans...

Guest cast1010

Hi PMDG devs & fans, To PMDG, -In the future- are you planning to provide a full panel with custom gauges and full systems simulation for your B1900? I'm asking this because I think there are simmers among us that would like to see a panel in your B1900 with similar functionality as in your B737's.Now to the PMDG fans, would you pay for an add-on panel for the B1900 made by PMDG, with all the features and whistles we are used to see in PMDG's main products including comprehensive and extensive manuals? I for sure would.Regards,Carlos.

Guest cyxe

I would, Now I been look into the Reality XP, Now I don't real no how much more they can improve. Yet again I've never sat in the 1900D, so I don't know how much more complexe it can get. But if a panel was made to sim it as real life I pay a few extra bucks.CYXEJustinhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

Guest jbB737

>Hi PMDG devs & fans, >>To PMDG, -In the future- are you planning to provide a>full panel with custom gauges and full systems simulation for>your B1900? >>I'm asking this because I think there are simmers among us>that would like to see a panel in your B1900 with similar>functionality as in your B737's.>>Now to the PMDG fans, would you pay for an add-on panel for>the B1900 made by PMDG, with all the features and whistles we>are used to see in PMDG's main products including>comprehensive and extensive manuals? I for sure would.I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but I really don't think there's a need for a 1900 panel with functionality similar to the 737... why? Because the 1900 just isn't that complex or complicated. Think of it as a Baron 58 on steroids... there's no FMC, IRS, APU, autothrottle, or even an autopilot for that matter. Yes, I know the the PMDG 1900 has an A/P, but in real life it's extremely rare to have them installed; that's what they pay the FO for. I hand flew them for 3300 hrs, no A/P. The 1900 C models didn't even have the basic EFIS tubes or a Flight Director either, how's that for basic?Just my 2 cents...John

Guest jason2112

John, interesting to hear an opinion from somebody who has flown the real thing!Regarding the original post, I'd rather see some more PMDG Express planes. I love the PMDG B1900's combination of good handling, very good model and VC, and moderate complexity panel. I'm sure there are several other planes out there that would fit into this concept.Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]