Sign in to follow this  
Guest kappes

PMDG 737 altitude read-out ambiguity

Guest kappes

Hi,maybe this has been reported before in this forum but I couldn't find anything related to it. Yesterday, a friend of mine discovered an ambiguity of the digital (not band) altitude read-out on the PFD which indeed can be very irretating. Suppose you are at 9100 descending to 8900. If you go slitely below 9000 the first and second digits jump to 8 and 9, respectively, so that for a short moment the indication reads 8900 (the last two digits scroll through the field so that just below 9000 they are almost level with the first two digits). According to my friend, in reality (at least on the 747-400) the second digit would also scroll together with the last two digits out of the display windows resolving this ambiguity. I suppose the same holds for the behaviour of the other leading digits.Cheers Alexander Kappes

Guest Iz

Yes you are completely correct! All other EFIS type but also the standard altimeter type such as found in they 757/767/737PG have it where with the transition from X900 ft to the next 1000, the thousands digit will scroll along.