Sign in to follow this  
Guest peterpc12james

737NG soundset

Guest peterpc12james

How real is this soundset? I think it is indeed a great one. Yet, riding on SWA NGs often, I discover the takeoff power goes from the woooshing to a growling "fanny" sound. Why can not this pack be modified or enhanced for the -800 series to have that too? Has anyone here replaced this sound set with a better one? I doubt there are any. Just curious. Seems, one time, I heard a soundset from someone that had just that. Also, from sitting in passenger seat 1, I imagine this is fairly similar to what the pilots would hear? That means that things like the engines might be more noticeable. I have inched my engine sound slider up some and have actually increased the volume on the 4 engine .wav files. I have removed the default precanned reverser sound and have edited out the lines in the config to not play any reverse sound by adding a ; in front of the line containing ban2t.wav and bbn2t.wav liek this..... ;ban2t.wavThis way, when in reverse, you hear the engines roar louder than by default (since i incrfeased the wav vols)... and no silly precanned sound that loops over and over and has no bearing on real reverse.yet, I crave the earthshattering reverse you hear from the passenger cabin.Any one like Robert R. comment on this? I have flown a -400 Level D sim and don't really remember the reverse being all that loud from the cockpit... more of a feeling rumbling than pure noise. SO, is the reverse sound as quiet as you have it in here? I just want to know if moving up into the cockpit 20 feet from the first pax seat really muffles sounds....thanks, and once again, I am thrilled with your NG and am going to get the 1900D soon... the closest thing to real turboprop flying I can get to the PC12 I fly in real life.Peter